netbook jonesing

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Tue Jan 13 19:12:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:59:47 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> All this talk about Acer Aspire and EEPro makes me want one. Is one
> better than another? Is the only difference in the Acer Aspires whether
> it comes with 8GB SSHD, 120 GB HD or 160 GB HD?  Too many models that
> seem about the same.

	Caveat : If you happen to have unusually large hands, or poor
eyesight, or both, be sure to buy only one you have spent some time
handling. With trifocal fingers and arthritic eyeballs, the only use I
can hope to get out of a 701 is in waiting rooms -- if (big IF) I can get
it to boot and connect fast enough. And according to the buzz at http://
forum.eeeuser.com/ I am by no means alone in these troubles.

	Also, they are evolving hand over fist. If in doubt, wait a few
months, maybe another year or so. I wish I had. There are probably a
couple out there now that would suit me.