Encrypted partition backups.

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue Jan 13 19:44:40 UTC 2009

Robin Laing wrote:
> Is there a tool that allows partition backups of only the changes as
> with incremental backups?  Do we just have to clone the partition and
> make copies of that each time?

You could simply create another encrypted partition (e.g. on USB) with
different key, then use rdiff-backup to backup one to the other.  Of
course, they would both have to be mounted at the same time.

I'm not sure if this is the best way, space-wise, but it's conceptually
simple and I can't see how it would degrade security.

Matt Flaschen