Your favorite CMS running docs.fedoraproject.org?

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Jan 15 14:16:53 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Operator (postnuke.tv) wrote:
>
>> The Zikula project might be very interested... You could have Zikula
>> deployed with the project's help and support?
>> Moreover, at some point in the near future, we'd like to be providing
>> a Fedora RPM for the FC distrib.
>
> The latter, being packaged and included in fedora, is pretty much a
> prerequisite for consideration, so... the sooner the better.
>
> -- Rex

I don't want to start a flame war, but I tried Zikula and it's utter and
complete PITA to configure and get working on Fedora.  I never did get
it working, and their support community was not only NOT helpful, but
belligerently so in the case of n00bs to the software as I was.  I'm not
a n00b to CMS's, since our website runs on Joomla and ravencore, but I
was to that package.

Just my 2 cents.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support