shrinking NTFS partitions on Windows laptop

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:08:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:55:05AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> Netbook has arrived (yeah!)
>
> If I boot F10 Live CD, does it have necessary parted/gparted to shrink
> the NTFS partition to make room for F10 or do I have to use like a
> gparted-live CD for that?

No need for a separate parted/gparted with Fedora.  The installer has
a built-in resizing spinner for NTFS file systems, built on the same
modern NTFS utilities, so you can just resize it down and continue
partitioning.  The resizing and partition writing gets done after
you've set things up the way you like.