Need help with WLAN on Eee PC 1000H

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 21:13:25 UTC 2009

fred smith schrieb:

Hello!

> And there's no need to compile it for f10 either. Just add the
> RPM FUsion free and nonfree repositories then use "add/remove software"
> to add the kmod or akmod packages for the rt2860 driver. Voila.

Well, my experience say otherwise... Voilà is not true. I just installed
the akmod-rt2860 driver and restored the virgin wpa_supplicant.conf to
please NM. But still no progress in this matter.

>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=199434

If this procedure does not succeed the next thing I will try is to
backup F10 and restore the original WinXP. Then I'll connect to my AP
and pull the battery. I suspect the Windows driver to leave the chipset
in a dorment state. It's only a wild guess but I have no other idea.

--
bye
Adalbert