HOWTO: Use KDE 3 from F8 on F10

David dgboles at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 23:35:13 UTC 2009

Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just want to share with the list that with the same approach
> which let me upgrade from F8 to F9 avoiding the KDE 3 -> 4
> migration ("Successfully upgraded to F9 while keeping KDE 3"
> thread), I was able to upgrade the same machine to F10.
> So it now runs F10 with KDE 3.5.10 from F8 updates.
>
> As for F8->F9, some compatibility rpms had to be compiled
> with little modifications to the spec files.
>
> I'm not writing all the details here now, but if anyone is
> interested, I can do it (and publish the spec files if
> someone wants to try).
>
> F10 is great, but KDE 4 is still not able to convince me to
> leave KDE 3 behind.
>
> Best regards.

Good for you!

You need a web page, or a weblog, to explain exactly just what you did
to solve and resolve this situation for yourself.

Really. I mean this. That way those that want this information , what
you have, have a place to resource your research, your data. And those
that do not want to do this don't have to wade through these never
ending posts on this list about this subject.

--

  David