shrinking NTFS partitions on Windows laptop

Bob Barrett bobbrrtt at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 05:52:26 UTC 2009

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> [...]
On Apr 19, 2007, I bought a new HP dv9225. It had Vista Ultimate on a
160GB hard drive. I wanted to shrink the partition. I had not used
Vista before and while poking around I ran across Control Panel ->
System and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.
I chose Storage, then Disk Management. It volunteered to reduce the
partition to 24GB. I accepted.

This took place while running Vista. No third party software required.
I then installed Fedora and have not had any problems.

Bob Barrett