HOWTO: Use KDE 3 from F8 on F10

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jan 16 13:00:46 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Roberto Ragusa wrote:

>> I'm not writing all the details here now, but if anyone is
>> interested, I can do it (and publish the spec files if
>> someone wants to try).
>
> Please don't. We don't want our users to run unsupported software, and we
> especially don't want you to make it easy for them to do that.

As long as Roberto makes it clear that making such changes are unsupported,
and if anything breaks, you're on your own and get to keep the pieces...

That said, I would have much preferred that folks (like Roberto) who
want/need KDE3 made more effort to work *with* fedora and and the fedora
kde-sig to try to make sure everything is kosher.  I've extended quite a few
invitations for such in the past... without any takers, so far.  *shrug*.

Not that I was expecting any.  I'll be honest to say that my ulterior motive
was that as soon as anyone took a look at this closely and seriously, they'd
soon find out how difficult (perhaps impossible) a problem it was...

-- Rex