connectivity problems with FC10

Harry R. harewood at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 16 14:52:33 UTC 2009

Friends, I have installed FC10 (fresh install, new partitions, format all) and installation went
fine, but the network connections.

I can connect to all machines on my own network, but Firefox 3 cannot, claiming that
whatever http address I type in is wrong. Opera however works fine, and I can succesfully
ping each and every website I can think off.

Also, yum cannot install anything (it cannot find its repositories), evolution does not work
(cant find my smtp provider) etc.

I think I checked everything, resolve, hosts, ifconfig, route, installed the package three times
now, checked cables, been reading on the Net for hours and I am now at the point of going
mad.

Anybody else having problems with FC10?

H.