Gnome terminal

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 23:48:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 02:15:30PM -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > You'd only want to do this on a per-user basis, so that's the expected
>> > behavior.  Global GConf schemas and defaults are stored in /etc/gconf.
>>
>> How does one view or edit the global GConf schemas?
>
> Personally, I just use a text editor.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/

Thanks.

I did more googling and found another package that is not installed by
default: gconf-editor

After installing the package you click on Applications->System
Tools->Configuration Editor and drill down the apps directory until
you get to nautilus-open-terminal. Click on it to open the file. Then,
you can set or reset the boolean for desktop_opens_home_dir. However,
I don't see any way to create an entry/value pair if one is not
present. Is there a GUI applet for that function?