Any way to install new Fedora on second drive of a running system?

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 02:46:28 UTC 2009

> From: Phil Meyer <pmeyer themeyerfarm com>
> If your system is capable of running a virtual machine, then yes.
> I do this all the time as a matter of my work.
> You will need the DVD image as an iso file.

Hmmm... intriguing! I do have VMware running on my system, and I think
I should be able to do what you outlined in your email.
This would be a huge help - since configuring the system takes a long
time (need TeX working just right, web scripts just right).

So summarize your solution: make VMWare use the .iso image of an
install CD, and make it use the physical hard drive as its primary. So
this way VMWare won't use a disk file to save its image but use the
physical second drive. This is a bit of a new concept to me, so need
to digest it a bit.
Thanks!