Asset Management

NiftyFedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Sat Jan 17 03:03:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:
> I know there are plenty of asset management software out there.  Everything
> I've seen so far is for hardware and software, network, manufacturer, etc.,
> etc.  I'm looking for something a little bit broader.
>
> I want one location for all our marketing and web assets. Stock photos,
> pictures of products, pictures of projects, templates that we send to
> clients, PDFs of data sheets and info pages, catalogs of our vendors, ads we
> have run in magazines and
> newspapers, anything that has anything to do with our marketing and online
> presents. I want it all in one place, inventoried and cataloged.  And of
> course, the hardware, software, network and all that jazz too.
>
> I know that's a tall order, but even if it's something that has different
> modules to be added, that's great.  And if it's open source, even better!
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don't want to have to reinvent the
> wheel if it already exists.

This is an 'inventory control system' and a storage system.
Since it is also an asset management system the implication is that
you have money involved which mandates accountability and backups.

I have trouble managing my music collection...  what you are asking
for is 'larger' in scope.   If you think of it as 'inventory' from the get go
you will end up with close to the right thing.

--
        NiftyFedora
        T o m   M i t c h e l l