rpmbuild cmake macro not honoring arch prefix

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Sat Jan 17 20:55:08 UTC 2009

I made a spec for libwebcam[1] and as it uses cmake instead of autotools
for makefile generation, I thought I should use the %cmake macro to
properly setup directory prefixes and such on my 64-bit host machine.
When I read the build output it shows to be calling cmake with
appropriate -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR:PATH=/usr/lib64 and friends, but when
a "make install" is performed the library gets placed in /usr/lib.

I'm not very familiar with cmake, so if anyone has any pointers they
would be welcome. For now I've hacked around it with a "mv" call inside
the spec for 64-bit only.

[1] http://www.quickcamteam.net/software/libwebcam