FC10 install,3Gb not enough

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Jan 18 23:18:11 UTC 2009

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>>> I would run "yum clean all", and then copy the directory structure
>>> to your SD card. Then mount the SD card partition at /var/cache/yum.
>>
>> Thanks, but I can't work it QUITE that way, the install failed. So
>> there is nothing to clean. I need to map /var/cache/yum with Disk
>> Druid as part of the install.
>
> Well I gave /var/cache/yum 2Gb and did not include Open Office in the
> install, and still ran out of disk space. This time I will give it the
> whole 3.8Gb on the SD card, but I wonder if it is really using the SD
> card. I think I will try and mount it first on another system and see
> what is there.....

The headers are there, but no rpms. And I can't remove the hard drive to
see what is on it.

I am moving my swap to my SD card for this install attempt.

And I am going to have to get a larger SD card. Would be nice to get a
larger SSD drive, but I found out that the drive is soldered in on this
unit. Also pretty much forget about switching the memory out, you have
to disassemble this unit to change the memory.