Firefox, dbus and NetworkManager OH MY (redux)

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Jan 19 03:09:21 UTC 2009

On Sunday, Jan 18th 2009 at 01:38 -0000, quoth Tim:

=>On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 22:25 -0500, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>> Is everyone also coming up in offline mode? Yes, my eth0 (and my eth1)
=>> and not under NetworkManager, they are just started by good old
=>> network.
=>
=>And have you stopped the NetworkManager service?  If not, it could be
=>saying that you're offline because *it* hasn't made a connection.
=>Regardless of any other connections that are on.

I have *not* stopped NetworkManager but I will if you can tell me that's
the right thing to do. If I run system-config-network, I can see that eth0
and eth1 are *not* controlled by NW. But it only shows me those two
interfaces. Am I confident that lo0 is not controlled by MW?

=>> If my eth0 and eth1 were to be started by NW, would that have caused
=>> me to not see this problem?
=>
=>That would be right.
=>