Printers

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 15:59:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:35:19 -0600
Mike Chambers wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 10:24 -0500, Michael Comperchio wrote:
> > What would be the best choice in inexpensive printers for use with
> > Fedora? I'm relatively new to F10, though I've used Linux before.
> > I'm hoping to never have to boot to the windoze side again.  But
> > printing and the inability to sync up with my Palm Lifedrive are
> > the major holdups for that. I can probably live without the
> > Livedrive...but I do need to print
>
> HP printers seem to be very well supported.  Also I think Brothers
> printers are as well.  I don't know about Lexmark, but they may be
> supported good now, or at least better than before.

Michael (the OP):
Based on my personal experiences, I'll endorse what Mike says
about Brothers -- at least their inexpensive laser printers. No first
hand experience with HP, though.

You can learn a lot here (although it takes a bit of digging):
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting
They've got a huge database, and their forums can also be helpful.
-- cmg