Question for our users

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jan 19 18:58:35 UTC 2009

OK, I will bite.

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Hello Fedora Users!  I was wondering if everyone wouldn't mind answering
> the following questions for me to the list.
>
> What is Fedora (the operating system)?
To me the best OS on the market.  It works day in and day out on any
system that I have installed it on.  It isn't Windows and it isn't Ubuntu.

> Who uses Fedora?
I know and work with many people that use it.  I have seen it used on
small computers, robots, the XO, servers and clusters.  I use it at home
on all of our machines.  Have not owned a copy of Windows since Windows
3.11.  Don't use Windows at work either.  Fedora 10 (64bit).

Schools and governments use Linux of which some are Fedora.

> Who should use Fedora?
To me?  Everyone.  Well for the new to Linux crowd, Ubuntu is better but
that is basically in regards to the "questionable packages."  With a
little configuration it is easy to set up a full system in hours.

If you have a machine with a small hard drive, the Fedora is great.  I
just installed a full setup for a local club on a 30Gig drive.  All the
software takes up less than 8Gig and believe me, I have installed a lot
of software.

If you have a need for a wide range of software and on any type of
budget, Fedora is the only way to go.  Ok, any version of Linux is a
good way to go, just to be honest.  :)

> Thanks all!
>
> 	-Mike

You are welcome.