Question for our users

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 20 08:51:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 03:23 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> No, I was referring to deploying Fedora in "office-like situation",
> i.e. to be used by "non-technical" people, who are using not much more
> than "text processor, spreadsheet, internet browser, email, scanner,
> printer, fax".
>
> For them, an OS and the SW they are using are supposed to "just work
> out of the box". They will throw away Fedora at the very moment,
> they'll be confronted with SELinux alerts or package-kits update
> alerts or when they experience the poor shape of certain key
> components in Fedora currently are in.

Funny how NONE of them do the same when it comes to Windows - throw it
away with the myriad of gobbledegook error messages (even to the
technically minded), continual stuff-ups that it does, and all the other
annoying things about it.  They just keep on using it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.