nfs / mount.nfs: mount to NFS server 'rpcbind' failed

gary artim gartim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 09:38:37 UTC 2009

after some digging around I found that the kernel task
[lockd] is missing on one of the systems. The other the
[lockd] magically reappeared and nfs is working on it.

I know that somehow /etc/init.d/nfslock spawn this kernel task, but not
sure why this would be happening. It seemed to begin with installing
nfs-utils, but I'm to tired to go on investigating. Please help if you can,

thanks Gary