Samba and printer question.

Veli-Pekka Kestilä fedora at guagua.fi
Tue Jan 20 18:57:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a HP4050 printer which is connected trought hp-jetdirect. It
works fine with cups, but I couldn't  get it shared trough samba. It
shows okay to my vista laptop, but it laptop couldn't connect to it. I
can use cups so it's not a problem, but I would be interested to find
out why it didn't work trough samba as I could end up seeing something
similiar when at customer or somewhere else where using cups isn't an
option.

Fedora version is 10. Samba and cups are latest available versions. Also
I didn't really get any helpful errors in selinux or samba logs which
would help solving this problem.

Greerings,
Veli-Pekka