Video Streaming

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Tue Jan 20 22:14:01 UTC 2009

All,

       I have been playing with software solutions lately, but sadly
don't have good results with what I want to do, thus far. What I want to
do is get set up a series of media files (various formats) and put them
together for a personal media streaming server. Basically a Video on
Demand VLC server, but with less of a requirement to remain logged in.

    The concept I am after is something like LiquidSoap, MPD, and
Icecast (or MPD with Icecast) to stream video, since I have an audio
stream solution.

This being said, is anyone doing this on a Fedora box, and if so, what
is your poison of choice to do it?

Regards,
Seann