Printers

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 21 16:30:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 12:41 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> It's worth bearing in mind, too, that the 6 cartridge models are
> cheaper to run that the 2-3 cartridge ones, purely because you only
> replace a colour as it runs out, rather than a multi-colour cartridge.

That depends on the costs.  I had an inkjet printer with separate tanks
for each colour, they dried out more than ran out.  Having to replace
several cartridges, rather than just one, turned out to be more
expensive.  Especially after they pushed up the prices of the
cartridges, making them closer to the cost of all the alternatives.  So
much for "competition in business," they just charge the maximum that
they think people will actually pay.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686