xorg.conf

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jan 21 17:03:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 16:49 +0000, James Harrison wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to the list (I joined today).
>
> Can someone tell me why Fedora 10 does not create
> an /etc/X11/xorg.conf as standard?
----
I think that the general concept is:

- The build on the fly works for most hardware
- The build on the fly adjusts when hardware changes by itself
- That most of the settings can be user controlled in GNOME or KDE

Nothing stops you from creating one of course, either by hand or by
installing 'system-config-display' and using that tool to create it.

Craig