Printers

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 21 19:24:56 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Tim wrote:
>On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 09:57 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I put in a request for amanda to use the colors too, and was told
>> "patches welcome" which is as it should be, but I have NDI how to tell
>> a printer to print this line in black, that one in magenta, and the
>> next one in cyan and the borders in yellow.
>
>For an old TV tech, you're not thinking outside the box.  Once a week,
>or however often necessary, have a job print a small graphic of some
>colour bars.  That, or put the PM5544 test pattern into your personal
>stationary letterhead.  ;-)

Chuckle, that would work, the first one anyway.  And being almost retired, I
don't have a 'letterhead', it might generate more work. :(

So I shrank that .png image to 1/4 page and sent lpr to print it, but I
suspect I need to rotate it too.  lpr is starting about in the middle of a
blank sheet, & since I told it to use the 1440x1440 profile (-Plp2) it will
take a while before I can see it.  It appears to have auto-centered it on the
page.

Humm, looks decent, but the shrink left it fuzzy. And the 1440 mode doesn't
use all nozzles.  Try one at 360x, and that shows a nozzle pattern and is
fast.  At least I will have a reminder that it needs cleaned before I waste a
$heet of good paper.

Thanks for the idea, Tim.  I believe it might help. Daily would use too much
ink using that image though.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)