eth0 not working - fine in Windows

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 21 23:16:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 22:31 +0000, Chris wrote:
> It turned out I just had to power the machine off, disconnect the LAN
> cable and power to the PC, wait a minute, reconnect the network cable
> and power on again, now everything's working again!

Sometimes a cold reset is necessary.  I've come across hardware, before,
that doesn't get properly initialised when warm booting.  The drivers
should do that, or the motherboard should send a reset pulse that
hardware actually obeys, but it doesn't happen (in those cases).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.