Printers

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 21 23:30:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 14:24 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Daily would use too much ink using that image though.

Yes, I don't think daily would be a great idea.  Use a smaller image...

If it's like most inkjets, they'll waste a lot of ink just preparing to
print.  So you don't need to do a big printout to clear the nozzles,
just a small image so you can see the status of the printer.

The local photolab used to have a big inkjet printer for doing poster
prints, and other prints larger than the usual photo printer.  They
eventually got rid of it because it cost too much in wasted ink to make
using it profitable.  And they certainly didn't charge peanuts to print
something, either.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686