Samsung nc10 netbook and wireless drivers with F10

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:15:33 UTC 2009

I am successfully running a Samsung nc-10 netbook with F10. Everything works
out of the box which is nice.

However the wireless signal is low compared to other laptops at the same
location running iwl4965 for example, and I have seen postings elsewhere
that better wireless performance may be obtained for the nc-10 by compiling
and loading more up-to-date ath5k modules.

Does anyone know if more up to date drivers are due to be pushed to updates
for ath5k in the near future?

If not I guess a manual compile is the only sensible option to get wireless
performance up to expectation?