Xorg related problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 22 14:01:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 05:23 -0800, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> I have been looking (using Gnome) at where the monitor/sweep frequency
> settings are stored in the users /home directory.  (It is a hidden
> file), but thus far, I have not been successful. I can log in with a
> virtual terminal, since the terminal resolution works at a lower
> frequency / resolution combination.
> is it  ".gnome", or ".gvsv" or other similar hidden directory / file ?

Looks like "~/.gnome2/monitors.xml" has the settings.  At least it holds
a configuration that I've changed, and the defaults go back if I delete
it.  Here's a copy of what was created:

[guest at suspishus .gnome2]$ cat monitors.xml
<configuration>
    <clone>no</clone>
    <output name="default">
        <vendor>???</vendor>