Autostarting Order ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Jan 23 14:16:46 UTC 2009

Hi;

Sessions Manager in Gnome used to have a tab that allowed the user to
pick the 'nice' order in which programs were automatically started at
login.  This feature has been removed.  So ...

How can I set up my startup in a way that allows me to adjust what order
various programs are started?

In particular, I am using devilspie to get Evolution and XChat-GNOME to
start in workspace 3.  I got that working alright, but XChat-GNOME is
the first program of all my startup programs to start while Evolution is
the last -- a natural delay I suspect while my email is being fetched.
Nonetheless, I would like to change the order so that XChat-GNOME starts
near the end at about the same time Evolution starts.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could set this up?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.2