Amazon Kindle and Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 24 02:42:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 18:04 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> It seams that giving away electronic version of "older"
> books actually increases sales of books that would otherwise
> experience declining sales.

And, it's about the only way to get some older books.  Once a book's out
of print, you're left with scouring the second hand market, sometimes
with outrageous collector's prices.  On the other hand, electronic book
repositories don't have to go out of print, there's no tooling up of
print presses to do large runs of books to make it worthwhile, it's just
storage space (and not much space for a novel).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.