Gateway DX4720 installation problems

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 25 03:28:52 UTC 2009

Charles Landau wrote:
> I just bought a DX4720-03 from Gateway. Has anyone succeeded in
> installing Fedora on this system?
> This system's processor is an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 which I
> believe is 64-bit. I tried both the i386 and x86_64 distributions with
> the same results.
If it's core 2 duo is definitely is x86_64. The dvd boot tells you
pretty quickly if you are trying to boot an x86_64 media on a non x86_64
processor.

You might be able to determine if this is just an installer issue, by
downloading, and writing a live media, eg:
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora
   Fedora 10 Desktop Edition   Live Media

and seeing if that allows the machine to operate OK ?

DaveT.