syslog is filling up because of pulseaudio. HELP!

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Jan 26 16:23:19 UTC 2009

I'm getting two of these per second. How can I stop it!

Jan 26 11:21:00 saturn pulseaudio[4130]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us
up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to
write! Most likely this is an ALSA driver bug. Please report this issue to
the PulseAudio developers.

My messages files are ginormous:

[root at saturn log]# ls -l messages*
-rw------- 1 root root 776571882 Jan 26 11:22 messages