Error building custom kernel on ps3

Mikael Larsson mikael.larsson at bredband.net
Mon Jan 26 17:51:07 UTC 2009

Hello, have been trying to recompile the latest fedora 10 ppc64 kernel
on a playstation 3 with no luck.

I followed the instructions on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel that always works
perfectly on my i386 and x86_64 machine.
Is there any difference when recompiling for ppc64?

I start the build with:
$rpmbuild -bb --without debuginfo --target=`uname -m` kernel.spec

If I look at the output from the build it looks as if the kernel and
'modules stage II' gets built and after 3.5 hours the system freezes for
about 10 to 15 minutes with no disk activity and then continues leaving
an error that file /var/tmp.<something> returned with wrong status.

How can I find out what's going wrong here?

Regards
Mikael Larsson