hplip scanner support?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Tue Jan 27 01:02:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:56:49 -0500
Tom Horsley wrote:

> Mostly just wanted to make sure they really work :-).

OK, I'm impressed. I plugged in the USB cable, and both the
printer and scanner just worked.

I ran system-config-printer, and the printer was already
defined. The paper sizes all listed, including the CD/DVD
special settings, etc.

I printed a test page, and it came out aligned perfectly.

I ran xsane, and the scanner was already recognized,
and scanning worked perfectly.

This was the USB promise back in 1996, and this is literally
the first time I've ever seen it happen (and it was on
linux no less). I'm officially stunned :-).