OT: wifi antennas

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Jan 27 20:52:31 UTC 2009

Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Could someone please advise me regarding USB antennas to improve the
> reception wifi Internet signal?

A wifi antenna doesn't normally connect via USB, but via a screw-on
coaxial connector (a smaller version of what you find on cable TV boxes).

Hawking makes a number of different external antennas which seem
to work fairly nicely.  Make sure you get one compatible with your
wifi setup (e.g. 802.11A and 802.11B/G use different frequencies).

-      I won't rise to the occasion, but I'll slide over to it.      -