F10 Cups / Samba / Vista

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Jan 28 00:14:51 UTC 2009

Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> All,
>
> For the life of me I can't get Windows Vista to connect to my HP
> Photosmart printer and print through samba and cups anymore.
>
> It worked in F9.  I upgraded to 10 and no joy

Just setup the printer on Windows as a network printer and give it the
HTTP url from cups to the printer. Use the Microsoft color image printer
driver. Enjoy. I had to do this as trying to use the HP printer driver
on windows would not work. I didn't try with Samba as I did not want to
use Samba. CUPS should/will work without Samba.