ATT's DSL Lite for Linux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 30 02:10:54 UTC 2009

Tim:
>> If you can't walk in and get the shop to manage replacing
>> something that's duff, it's often just not economical or efficient to
>> get it replaced.

g:
> this is where you do come out ahead with online buying. most of them
> keep their advertising cost down with internet and reach a larger
> market thru web links and google searches. they have to drop price and
> be highly competitive and back their products with good warranty.

Not around here.  The on-line vendors push their prices up to the same
as shops, and they're often more expensive once you include postage and
handling.

The *cheaper* to buy it on-line phase was very short lived, as soon as
they realised they could make even more money by raising their prices,
and other vendors realised that it's not as easy to undercut traditional
vendors.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686