OT: wifi antennas

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 04:59:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Could someone please advise me regarding USB antennas to improve the
> reception wifi Internet signal?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul
>
> --

Hi  Paul Smith,

It is kind of a strange arrangement but seems to work well.  I have a
small D-Link wireless router.  It has two small RF connectors on the
back which it also has two small (about five inches high) antennas
meant to be screwed into them.  One is.  The other connects to a thin
coaxial cable which runs to a much larger (perhaps nine inches high)
antenna on a shelf some three feet above the router below. It is one I
picked up at a PC recycling place for about ten dollars.

It seems to perform very well.

Have a lot of fun!

Tod