Poor WiFi Performance

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 08:14:08 UTC 2009

Hi all!
Especially Hi to Tom!

Thanks for your help. I tried using the --limit-rate switch on wget and it still wasnt using the while speed. Then I found my old USB Stick (Netgear WG111), put some effort in getting the right firmware and all and now I'm happily downloading the Fedora 10 32 Bit Live CD and I'm at the same time syncing my GMail account to my desktop using the new Offline Mode. All in all I'm currently using about 1 MBit/s which is not bad.

Though it doesn't really solve my problem, it doesn't bother me to keep that USB stick at hand....

Thanks again for all you help.

Cheers

Phil Bieber
--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

GPG KEY ID (Philipp Bieber): 0x0185E301
FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301
Philipp Bieber - philbieber at gmail.com