OT: wifi antennas

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Fri Jan 30 13:45:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:03:12AM -0800, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Jeez what kind of bunker is that?  Is that one of those "bullet-proof"
> hosting facilities. ;-)
>
> Can 2.4 ghz wifi even go through concrete that thick?

One better.  My wife's office was in the Monadnock Building in Chicago
for a few years.  It was built in 1893, and her half of the building was
all brick.  Loadbearing brick.  17 stories of brick.  A big, thick,
cable- and wireless-hostile pile of brick.  Exterior walls are six feet
thick at the base, and still 3 feet thick by her floor.  Interior walls
are brick, and loadbearing.  (Thank Ghu they subdivided the offices
from the original spaces--at least *some* of the walls inside the office
were plasterboard.)

I hated working on that network.
--
	Dave Ihnat