Linksys WVC54GCA camera, anyone?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jan 30 13:50:24 UTC 2009

I have a couple of these Linksys
"Wireless-G Internet Home Monitoring Camera"s
which I'm trying to install on my Fedora network.
I'm using a Linksys WRT54GL router (running Linux dd-wrt)
with 64-bit WEP encryption.
(I know the supposed dangers of this,
but one of the laptops in use does not seem to support WPA.)

Anyway, the camera comes with a Windows Setup CD.
The setup program does not seem to work with WEP.
(It works fine if encryption is disabled.)

So I was wondering if by chance there is any way
of setting up this camera under Linux, in particular Fedora?