f11 - missing font?

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Jul 1 18:08:30 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:

>>> That wasn't installed, but installing it wasn't the solution
>>> -- the error is still present.
>> Did you restart X (and xfs) after installing the font?
>> xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 provides the scalable IBM Courier fonts
>> (-ibm-courier-*-*-normal--*-*-*-*-m-*-*-*)
>
> I logged out and logged back in.  Shouldn't that have accomplished the goal?

xfs is started as part of the system startup.  You could, as root:

	service xfs restart

Not sure about X.  I think a logout/login just restarts xdm, not X
itself.

Ideally, reboot the system.  That way you're sure everything was done.
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -