Totem Movie Player

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 2 01:30:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 00:46 +0200, gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> Then, all kind of directories were created for gpg. It's as though gpg
> had never been used. That's why I say I have a hard time understanding
> how Fedora plays with GPG.
>
> Of course, not wanting to install confusion between GPG and Fedora, I
> stopped my trials on GPG right at this step.

When you use GPG for yourself (such as encrypting or signing email or
files), keys are stored within your homespace (~/.gnupg/), and you work
with your personal set of keys.

When one of the package installing/removing programs deal with GPG for
working with signed packages, those keys are managed in system spaces,
such as /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ and /var/cache/yum/*/gpgdir/, separately from
your own keys.

Try this in a command line to find a lot of things related to gpg stored
on your system:  locate -i gpg

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686