auditd failed -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 2 13:43:15 UTC 2009

When this f-10 computer boots I see the message "Starting auditd --
Failed." It's certainly nothing that I am aware of having made changes
to. I have a similar computer that indicates "OK" when starting. Both
are installations from the Gnome Live CD.

The man page simply says "It’s responsible for writing audit records to
the disk." I'm sure there's a reason but I have never seen those
records? Presumably this is something that's not working and should be.
What do I do to fix it?

Bob