firefox 3.5 open video?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 2 19:35:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 10:56 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> The good news is that once/if Google switches Youtube from a Flash
> player to using the <VIDEO> tag (if supported by the browser) then
> Flash will become (almost) irrelevant.

Only as far as viewing videos, which is just one thing that Flash is
used for.  There's an *awful* lot of pages that use it for navigation
and other flashy things that doesn't have anything to do with watching a
movie.

And you'll still be stuck by all the sites that want to have control
over what you can do with their content (just about all of them with
content), that'll make life hard no matter what technology is used.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.