how eliminate canned wallpaper?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Jul 3 21:19:13 UTC 2009

	Gnome-appearance-properties gets installed with a default
collection of wallpapers, themes, backgrounds, or whatever they're
called; I have plenty of my own that I like better, and always delete
those. But some screensavers, such as Slip in xscreensaver, still find
them -- apparently in /usr/share/backgrounds. I'd like to get rid of
them. But they seem to be protected in some way, at least against my
userid.

	Will it foul something up to the nines if I just go to the CLI as
root, cd down as far as the bottom directories, and just use rm a/o rmdir
on them all?

	How about if I eliminate only what rm will take, and leave all
the directories in place, but empty?

	Or maybe put some of my own collection in instead?