create directory - gtk apps on F10

Scott Beamer geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Jul 4 07:20:45 UTC 2009

Chris Rouch spake thusly:

> Using GTK based apps on F10 - e.g. firefox, gimp etc - when i save a
> file and click the "Create Directory" button, the directory is created,
> but the working directory does not change to it. On F9 and earlier the
> working directory used to change as well. Is it possible to get the old
> behaviour back?

I was curious so I gave this a try with GIMO. I saved an image to a
different folder that I created it in using the "Save as" dialog in GIMP.
After creating the folder and clicking "save" the file was saved in the
new folder just fine.

Although, I am using Fedora 11, but I was using 10 up till a few months
ago and I don't recall a similar issue there.  Perhaps you've got
something corrupt in Gconf (but if you do, I'd not be any help
there. :) )?

Scott