bind-libs all messed up in latest update

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jul 4 15:00:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 09:14:22 -0400,
  Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 09:13:44 -0300
> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>
> > How do I make NetworkManager write "nameserver 127.0.0.1" in resolv.conf
> > so I can test it?
>
> I have no idea how to make NetworkManager do anything :-). That's among
> the reasons I remove it. I think you can tell nslookup to use a
> particular DNS server, maybe you could test that way rather than
> fighting NetworkManager.

I believe you add DNS= lines in the ifcfg definition files for interfaces.
system-config-network might adjust those for you. I typically don't use
network manager and just keep /etc/resolv.conf constant pointing to my local
caching resolver, so I haven't tried using system-config-network to update
that recently.