Error: on reboot after upgrade to F11 ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Jul 5 04:27:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 14:25 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have just used preupgrade to upgrade from F10 to F11.  Everything went
> fine until 're-boot'.  Anaconda gave me the following error message:
>
> "The following are directories which should be symbolic links.  Please
> return them to their original state as symbolic links and restart the
> upgrade.
>
> /usr/tmp  "
>
> On checking, /usr/tmp IS a symbolic link, linked to /var/tmp which shows
> empty.
>
> What now?

I have since re-read the Installation Guide and double checked my use of
preupgrade.  I believe I have done everything correctly.

I have tried the following:

      * re-ran preupgrade and rebooted and got the same error;
      * rebooted using the new grub menu choice "Upgrade to Leonidas"
        and got the same error;
      * booted with the Fedora-11-x86_64-DVD, chosen upgrade, and got
        the same error;

Any help would be gratefully received.

--
Regards Bill