FC10 character input dropping bytes

William M. Quarles walrus at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 5 10:47:25 UTC 2009

I keep getting messages like the following in my system messages log:

Jul  5 06:37:13 localhost kernel: psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at
isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.

In addition, the mouse and the keyboard frequently stop responding.
Sometimes the mouse does not move at all, and sometimes characters I
input from the keyboard just get lost in the mix. This is not due to a
slow system, as I am using a Pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM, which is well
more than enough to run FC10. In addition, this problem only seemed to
pop up in the last few days. Does anybody have any idea as to what might
be going on?

Thanks,
William